Become an MRPA member today!
- Over 30 workshops and training opportunities a year.
- Annual conference in April
- Certifications: Playground Safety Inspectors, Aquatics Facilities Operator, Certified Parks and Recreation Professional, and more
- Annual Leadership Institute
- Annual Operations University
- Serve on a Committee: Marketing, Professional Standards, Legislative, and more!
- Social Events: Annual Golf Tournament, Crab Fest, and Holiday Social
- Monthly branch meetings to network with professionals in your specialty
- www.mdrpa.org: Training calendar, job opportunities, scholarship information, member and vendor directory, and social events
- Weekly E-Newsletter
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
As a membership organization, the Maryland Recreation and Parks Association, Inc. relies upon the active involvement of both professional and citizen members to achieve the broad vision and mission of the association. All members are eligible to receive a number of benefits and services unique to parks and recreation.
MRPA's diverse members includes:
- parks and recreation administrators
- recreation programmers and supervisors
- park planners, supervisors and maintenance workers
- therapeutic recreation specialists
- academics, researchers and students
- elected members of recreation and park policy boards
- appointed members of recreation and park advisory boards
- citizen volunteers involved in all aspects of recreation and park
MRPA members are actively involved on all levels with the association's 4 different branches and sections, each of which serves an area of specialized interest in the parks and recreation field.