The MRPA Education and Training Conference Committee is now accepting proposals for the 2024 MRPA Annual Conference!
2024 ANNUAL CONFERENCE WORKSHOP REQUEST (NOW CLOSED!)
MRPA's endorsement of this program is for the purpose of assuring quality educational opportunities for attendees and in no way implies financial or other forms of support. If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Committee Education chairs, Cortney Weinstock email@example.com or Julija Sajauskas firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL documents must be submitted with this application. Partial applications will not be accepted or reviewed.
Please reference these documents for submission assistance:
The MRPA Conference Committee requests that each proposed presenter complete a Workshop Request Form for the 2024 Maryland Recreation and Parks Association Annual Conference. The Conference will be held April 9-11, 2024 in Cambridge, Maryland at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina .
*If your workshop is selected for the annual conference, you will be notified and the presenter(s) will be required to submit additional information as needed.*
- Workshops will be 60-90 minutes in length and, although interactive, will serve primarily to disseminate information
- Clarity of intent, description, and design
- Clarity of presentation objectives
- Degree of participant involvement, such as hands-on learning and interactive discussions
- Practical usefulness to participants
- Innovation and creativity in content and process
- Appropriateness of presentation materials as they relate to the session content
- All presenters who are attending the entire conference must complete the conference registration process.
- Each presenter must present for at least 30 minutes in a session 60-minute sessions may only have 2 presenters and 90-minute sessions may only have 3 presenters. If you have over this amount, your session will NOT be considered for CEUs.
- Presenters are responsible for all travel-related expenses, unless otherwise specified.
- Presenters are contributing his/her services in a volunteer capacity.
- Presenters are responsible for duplicating and providing all presentation materials and handouts.
- The conference organizers will provide each session with A/V equipment as outlined in the A/V Form. Presenters MUST bring any additional necessary equipment, including laptops.
- Presenters may be asked to combine their presentations with a similar accepted submission/presenter, resulting in a stronger and complementary presentation.
- All presenters must commit 10 minutes for participants and presenters to complete evaluation forms to be turned in at the end of each workshop.
- Lead presenters will be responsible for informing all co-presenters of the Conference Committee’s decision regarding their submission.
- Complete Workshop Request Form (with all required information and attachments) by November 20, 2023
- Additional Information (learning objectives, CEU information, A/V requirements, Bio, Resumes, Headshots) are due with your session request.
- Only submitted forms that have emailed ALL the required attachments will be considered. You MUST include the conference A/V requirements form
- Those who submit completed forms and packets will be notified via email of the Conference Committee’s decisions after review of content and presentation.
- Requests for additional information will be sent via email to applicants as needed.
- Acceptance letters will be sent via email to selected applicants early 2024
- CEU forms will be submitted by the Conference Education Committee to the Professional Certification Board in January 2024.